Announcements:

*Why are the 6 weeks of linkups? Well start here at the WEEK 59 TAN link up and get some explanation! Then follow the links to other colors to find the corresponding link up!
*Find us on Facebook
*Be a
sponsor Contact Brooke!





Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Plum Crazy {Kendall}

Hello!  I think this is the first time I have posted in the morning!  Yay for me.  I have been cleaning and organizing my craft space for two days and am finally finished.  Another yay for me!

I have been wanting to play with textures for a few days because I haven't in a while, so I decided today would be that day.  I am going to show you the SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) shot first.  I know most of you do photo editing in Photoshop or other programs, but there may be some of you who haven't played with textures.  I want you to see what drama it can add to a photo.  And anyone who knows me, knows I love drama.


Blah, right?  Obviously it needs cropping.  I could have just cropped it and left it as it was, I mean, it wasn't horrible.  But it wasn't fun either.  I did a little brightening and then added an overlay.  I love brocade prints.  So this what I ended up with:



I like it.  I think it is light and fun.  And the texture/overlay, well it just completes it.  Hope you are having as much fun as we are with this journey.  It is a challenge each week to step outside the box we put ourselves in.  A challenge I am glad we are in together.

Don't forget to link up your white photos.  I have a favorite, do you? 

Going plum crazy,
Kendall

7 comments:

  1. Very cool! I just found out the color of this week and I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site, so excited. Cant wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture you added!
    What a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Thanks for sharing, I'm always up for learning new things and going out of my "comfort zone" Unfortunately I don't know how to do overlays in my program. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2...it was free hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat, I am sure there is a way for you to do it! Google it and see. You would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Textures are so much fun! I could work with them all day. This one adds a very nice touch to your photo.

    ReplyDelete